MST fares are charged according to the length of the route, regardless of how far the rider is travelling.
|Local Routes||Senior Shuttles||Primary Routes||Regional Routes||Commuter Routes|
Discount fares are available to the following riders:
- Youth (46" tall to 18 years old)
- Seniors (age 65 or older)
- Individuals with disabilities
- Medicare cardholders
Appropriate ID may be required to prove eligibility. MST offers free "Courtesy Card" IDs to individuals with disabilities and to Medicare cardholders, and honors equivalent cards issued by other transit systems.
MST does not issue transfers between its own routes, except for Hartnell College students boarding with ID at the Main or Alisal campuses.
Insert cash into the farebox. MST fareboxes do not give change, but instead issue a fare credit for use on future trips.
Magnetic-strip GoPasses are MST's daily/weekly/monthly passes. Day Passes are purchased on board and expire at 11:59pm. All other passes must be purchased in advance from MST's Customer Service locations or community Pass Outlets, and expire 7 or 31 days from their first use.
The first time you use a GoPass, insert it into the slot on the top-left of the farebox with the front of the pass facing you. This will print an expiration date on the pass and activate it. On future trips, swipe the GoPass through the slot on the top-right of the farebox.
|31-Day Basic||$95||$47|| Regional: $1 ($0.50 discount) |
Commuter: $9.50 ($4.75 discount)
|Day Pass||$10||$5||Commuter: $2 ($1 discount)|
Summer Youth passes are available only to youth age 18 & under, and are valid for one summer, June 1 through August 31.
Group discounts are available for 7- and 31-day passes, starting at 25% for an order of 5–20 passes.
Military passes are available to active duty service members, DOD employees and NAF employees who commute to the Presidio of Monterey, Naval Postgraduate School, or Fort Hunter Liggett from outside of these installations.
Contactless, stored-value GoCards are available in $10 increments as a cash alternative, and include a 10% bonus fare credit built in. GoCards do not expire. As such, they are a good choice for occasional riders who don't ride regularly enough to save money with a GoPass. GoCards are purchased and reloaded at MST Customer Service locations, but not at community Pass Outlets nor aboard buses.
To pay fare using your GoCard, tap it on the farebox just below the screen.
Inter-agency fare arrangements
- MST and METRO both issue free transfers upon request for riders who are connecting at Watsonville Transit Center or Santa Cruz METRO Center.
- Ask the coach operator for a transfer when you board the first bus. Transfers are not issued when deboarding.
- MST-to-METRO transfers are valid for one ride on any METRO line except line 17.
- METRO-to-MST transfers are valid for one ride on MST lines 27, 28, 29, or 78.
- Neither MST nor METRO honor each other's passes or stored-value cards.
- MST 7- and 31-Day Super GoPasses are accepted by VTA for fare credit on light rail and local buses.
- VTA Express daily/Eco passes are accepted by MST for unlimited travel on all routes.
- VTA Local daily/monthly passes and the Youth Summer Blast Pass are accepted by MST for a $2.50 fare credit. MST does not accept the Local Eco pass.
- MST does not accept the Clipper card.