City: San Diego
Balboa Park is one of the country's largest urban cultural park. It is home of numerous museums, performance venues, as well as San Diego Zoo.
Points of interest
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- San Diego Zoo
- Spanish Village Art Center
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion
- Starlight Bowl (San Diego)
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- WorldBeat Center
Free tram provides transportation within Balboa Park between 9am to 6pm daily (to 8pm from June to October). Tram stops by Plaza de Panama (near San Diego Museum of Art), Pan America Plaza (near Air & Space Museum), and parking lot east of Park Blvd.
Bus - MTS
Routes that stop on Park Blvd in the center of the park:
In addition, MTS routes: 3 3UCSD Hospital - Hillcrest - Downtown SD - Euclid Ave. Station, 11 11Downtown San Diego - SDSU, 120 120Downtown SD - Hillcrest - Fashion Valley TC / Kearny Mesa TC stop in Bankers Hill just west of the park.
San Diego Trolley
MTS routes: 7 7Downtown San Diego - City Heights - University & College via University Ave, 215 215Rapid: Downtown San Diego - SDSU via Park, El Cajon (limited stops) provide connection between the park and San Diego Trolley at City College Station. To walk from the Trolley, proceed north along Park Blvd (15 - 20 min walk to most museums).
Amtrak, NCTD Coaster
MTS routes: 215 215Rapid: Downtown San Diego - SDSU via Park, El Cajon (limited stops) connects the park and the trains at Santa Fe Depot Station.