Metro Transit (Minnesota) fares
Metro Transit accepts cash, Go-To Card, and mobile app for fare payment.
Fares vary depending on time of day and the route type, in addition to passenger category.
Bus and METRO
Weekday 6-9am, 3-6:30pm
|Adult (ages 13-64)||Senior (65+),
- Local fares cover local bus, limited stop bus, rapid bus, and METRO bus/rail.
- Express fares cover express bus routes.
- Basic fares include a 2 1/2 hour transfer. Cash riders can request a transfer from driver when boarding a bus. When transferring to a bus with a higher fare than the first bus at the time of payment, pay the fare difference on the 2nd bus. Transfer is not accepted if it is expired at time of payment.
- Mobile app fare can pay for rush and non-rush local fares, and rush express fares. It cannot be used to pay non-rush express fares.
- Proof of eligibility is required for discount fares.
|to/from Downtown Minneapolis||Weekday Adult,
|Weekend Adult||Weekend senior/youth, |
|Between non-downtown stops (Station-to-Station)||$3.25||$2.75||$1.00|
"All-day" pass is good from time of purchase until 2am on following day. Price vary according to time purchased. All-day pass can be purchased from ticket machines, online (for certain events only), or through mobile app. All-day pass covers routes with local and METRO fares.
24-hour pass cover routes with express, local, and METRO fares. It can be purchased from ticket machines or on the bus.
|All day pass||Adult (ages 13-64)||Senior (65+),
|Weekday Mobile app||$5.00||$5.00||$2.00|
|Weekday 2am to 9am||$5.00||$5.00||$2.00|
|Weekday 9am to 6:30pm||$4.50||$3.50||$2.00|
|Weekday 6:30pm to midnight||$4.00||$2.00||$2.00|
|24 hour pass||Adult (ages 13-64)||Senior (65+),
Go-To Card is required for multi-day passes. Because of varying cash fares depending on time and type of routes (bus, METRO, Northstar), pass is sold at different prices to cover various cash fare values. If the fare of the route exceeds the value the pass covers, fare difference is charged from the stored cash values on the card.
The $36 pass is only available to disabled customers only.
|31-day $2.00 fare value||$65.00|
|31-day $2.50 fare value||$90.00|
|31-day $3.25 fare value||$120.00|
|31-day $1.00 fare value||$36.00|
|7-day $2.50 fare value||$24.00|
Prepaid rides on Go-To Cards, sold to cover various cash fare values.
|10-ride $2.50 fare value||$20.50|
|10-ride $3.25 fare value||$15.00||Reduced Fare Go-To Cards only.|